Sformatino di Ricotta with Black Truffle Sauce
Sformato is a soufflé dish, made from various ingredients – vegetables, cheese, bread crumbs – held together with a béchamel or egg.
- 4 tablespoons salsa tartufo (truffle sauce)
- (Substitute sautéed mushrooms and truffle oil)
- 8 ounces ricotta
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- ⅓ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 egg whites, beaten
- Preheat the oven to 350°.
- Mix together the ricotta, parmesan, and beaten egg whites. Season with salt and pepper.
- Take 4 individual aluminum moulds and put a tablespoon of the truffle sauce or mushroom mixture at the bottom. Divide the ricotta mixture between the 4 moulds.
- Cook in a bain-marie (water bath) in the oven for about 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool.
- Reverse the mould onto a serving plate. Garnish with additional truffle sauce, grated parmesan, grated truffle, and/or truffle oil.