Truffle Bagel Burger
If you're going to have a bacon, egg and cheese for breakfast, why not just go all out and treat yourself to a burgerat the same time? Our black-and-white-striped bagel is topped with truffle mayo, a patty, cheese, bacon and a fried egg for a deluxe burger you can enjoy with your morning green juice.
If you're really feeling crazy, save the bacon fat rendered and use it to cook the patties. This adds a little more smoke to the burger for an intense bacon flavor. Because you're already having a burger for breakfast, you might as well go all out.
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- ¾ teaspoon black truffle oil
- ½ teaspoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 slices American cheese
- 2 bagels, halved and toasted
- 4 slices cooked thick-cut bacon
- 2 fired eggs
1. In a small bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, truffle oil, lemon juice and zest, salt and pepper, then set aside.
2. Form the beef into two 8-ounce patties, then season with salt and pepper. Heat the vegetable oil in a medium cast-iron skillet. Cook the patties, flipping once, until golden brown and medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes per side. After flipping, lay 1 slice of American cheese over each burger to melt.
3. Spread the truffle mayo on both sides of each bagel. Lay one burger on the bottom half of each, followed by 2 slices of bacon and 1 fried egg. Top with the other bagel halves and serve.